Firewall blocks e-mail from downloading to Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• After installing OneCare, my e-mail was blocked from being downloaded into Outlook.  After two weeks of technical help we discovered I had to turn off the Firewall before I could download any e-mail into Microsoft Outlook.  I am using a free trial version of this software, but it soulds like this software is not going to work for me.  My cable provider is Charter Communication and my internet service provider is Earthlink.  I am using Windows XP software.  Does anyone have a fix, or a reason for this to happen?

Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:59 PM

Answers

• The One Care firewall automatically allows Outlook so I suspect the cause to be previously installed security software that didn't uninstall completely. If you previously used Norton or McAfee, go to the vendor website and run the uninstall tool for your product. If you have Earthlink Total Access software installed there are certain components of this which could conflict with One Care and cause the Outlook issue. 
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 1:19 AM

All replies

• The One Care firewall automatically allows Outlook so I suspect the cause to be previously installed security software that didn't uninstall completely. If you previously used Norton or McAfee, go to the vendor website and run the uninstall tool for your product. If you have Earthlink Total Access software installed there are certain components of this which could conflict with One Care and cause the Outlook issue. 
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 1:19 AM
  • If you are unable to identify the conflicting software that is causing the problem, please contact support for help:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:32 PM