Remote Access Configuration Problems RRS feed

• Question

• In the configuration the verifying remote web site is available locally, and configuring your router using UPnP standards both have Checkmarks, but when it gets to Verifying that your remote Website is available from internet it gets the red X..

Also when I go to the Domain Name details it veryifys my Internet connection to Windows Live, updates Windows Live custom domains, and verifys windows live custom domain records..
    But it won't verify my web site is accessible from the internet, or remote access is accessable from the internet

I have a Linksys WRT54G router, connect to a Time Warner Modem.  Under Administration I have HTTP/HTTPS and wireless access enabled, Remote management is enabled with port 80 and use HTTPS checked and also have UPnP enabled.  It is set to DHCP

I think I have to setup port forwarding but i tried that with ports 80 set to my home server IP but that didn't work.

Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:11 AM

Answers

• Ok, I disabled Remote Management but that didn't work..

here are the results from Shields up.. Internet Port 139 in full stealth mode and Unable to connect with NetBios it failed:

HTTP

Stealth
    There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that a port (or even any computer) exists at this IP address!

HTTPS

Stealth
    There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that a port (or even any computer) exists at this IP address!

(You're missing 4125, but it doesn't matter at this point)

That's why it doesn't work.  Those should both be Open, not Stealth.  Either A) your router is not configured correctly through uPnP or B) your ISP is blocking ports.  I would recommend you forward ports 80, 443, and 4125 manually to your server IP, then run Shields Up! again.
    • Marked as answer by gkdave Thursday, April 9, 2009 2:27 AM
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 2:21 AM

All replies

• In the configuration the verifying remote web site is available locally, and configuring your router using UPnP standards both have Checkmarks, but when it gets to Verifying that your remote Website is available from internet it gets the red X..

Also when I go to the Domain Name details it veryifys my Internet connection to Windows Live, updates Windows Live custom domains, and verifys windows live custom domain records..
    But it won't verify my web site is accessible from the internet, or remote access is accessable from the internet

I have a Linksys WRT54G router, connect to a Time Warner Modem.  Under Administration I have HTTP/HTTPS and wireless access enabled, Remote management is enabled

Try disabling Remote Management (never a good idea to use that anyway).

with port 80 and use HTTPS checked and also have UPnP enabled.  It is set to DHCP

I think I have to setup port forwarding but i tried that with ports 80 set to my home server IP but that didn't work.

If disabling Remote Management doesn't help (which it should), try going to Shields Up!, do a scan for ports 80, 443, and 4125 and post the results here.
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:33 AM

here are the results from Shields up.. Internet Port 139 in full stealth mode and Unable to connect with NetBios it failed:

<nil>

Stealth

FTP

Stealth

SSH

Stealth

Telnet

Stealth

SMTP

Stealth

Finger

Stealth

HTTP

Stealth

POP3

Stealth

IDENT

Stealth

NNTP

Stealth

RPC

Stealth

Net
    BIOS

Stealth

IMAP

Stealth

LDAP

Stealth

HTTPS

Stealth

MSFT
    DS

Stealth

ms-ils

Stealth

DCOM

Stealth

Host

Stealth

Host

Stealth

Host

Stealth

Host

Stealth

Host

Stealth

Host

Stealth

H.323

Stealth

UPnP

Stealth
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:59 AM

HTTP

Stealth

HTTPS

Stealth

(You're missing 4125, but it doesn't matter at this point)

That's why it doesn't work.  Those should both be Open, not Stealth.  Either A) your router is not configured correctly through uPnP or B) your ISP is blocking ports.  I would recommend you forward ports 80, 443, and 4125 manually to your server IP, then run Shields Up! again.
    • Marked as answer by gkdave Thursday, April 9, 2009 2:27 AM
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 2:21 AM
  • That worked... thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 2:27 AM