Certifications not Updated in MCP site RRS feed

• Question

• I have cleared 4 exams in the past month (1 MCSA and 2 MCSE's), but only one of them shows in my certification planner and no updates to my certifications. I reached out to Microsoft and the said they were having "technical problems." Has anyone else had the same issue regarding certification updates?
    Saturday, February 1, 2014 4:33 AM

Answers

• Hi, GEstabrook.

First off, congratulations on passing those certification exams! That was a lot of hard work but you beat them. Huge props!

It seems apparent to me that they accidentally created another MCP ID for some of your passed exams. These past exams need to be added to your original MCP profile so your certification titles can be added. This is a common problem that happens all the time to many people!

It just happened to me in January; they didn't add my passed exam to my MCP profile. It is really important to check your MCP profile every time you pass an exam. Make sure every passed exam is added to your MCP profile within the following seven days.

As a best practice to help prevent this problem in the future (not a guaranteed fix, though!), make sure the email address that you record on your profile on the Prometric site is the same email address that you use to log into the MCP site.

You can log into http://register.prometric.com. After logging in, click Update Personal Information to view your email address and your Prometric ID, which may look something like SRxxxxxxx. This should give Microsoft Support enough information to map it back to your MCP ID.

Have all your information ready and use the following web page to find the correct contact information for help.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/help.aspx

This web page includes email and phone contact information for your geographic location so you can email or call them directly. They will help you get this figured out. Contact your Microsoft Regional Service Center. Their email address is mcphelp@microsoft.com

You can also call them on the phone, although for me when I called for my problem, it sounded like someone answering the phone at their house and they didn't have any special access to the Microsoft servers to help me. They also told me to wait ten (10) days but technically it was already day 11. Then they told me to scan my passed exam and email it to Microsoft support. Make sure you keep all your printed exam results and scan them as images on your computer. They each need to be less than 100K in size before you email them to Microsoft support. You should be issued a support ticket number that you can use to check the status.

I hope they get it sorted out for you. Watch your MCP profile.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Saturday, February 1, 2014 4:17 PM
    Answerer