Answers

• Susan,

Will get that infromation for you.

Monday, August 7, 2006 1:59 PM

All replies

• Susan,

Will get that infromation for you.

Monday, August 7, 2006 1:59 PM
  • Thank you, Derrick.  (Susan posted for me because I was unable to post from my home PC for some reason.). 

The main problem that I have with the privacy statement is not that appropriate information would be shared with volume licensees to help protect their Microsoft license keys, but rather that such data would be shared with vendors of non-Microsoft software for license keys other than Microsoft.  IMO, the privacy statement is much too general in that regard.

"We may also share aggregate data with others, such as hardware and software vendors and volume licensees to help protect their license keys."
    Tuesday, August 8, 2006 12:01 PM
  • Corrine:

Reviewing this, unfortunately we cannot make any comment or judgement call here. I highly, highly suggest requesting clarification in the specific MVP forum to be escalated through legal for clarification to get the most timely response.

I hope you understand,

-phil

Tuesday, August 8, 2006 4:20 PM
  • Thank you, Phil. 

Although not an attorney, I have been in the Legal Department of the company where I am employed for many, many years.  As a result, I may have a tendency to read/question such statements that others would simply take at face value.  I appreciate your response.

Tuesday, August 8, 2006 5:46 PM