Controlling form visibility -- security roles -- deactivation RRS feed

• Question

• I created a special use form and set availability via security roles -- this is a contact form.  Then I deactivated the out-of-the-box Information and Student Main forms.  Also set the form order to put my special form on top.  Published.

Now I have a user open a student record and check the forms.  She can not only see Student in the option list but can also switch to it.

Why is that available?  What am I missing?

Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:14 PM

Answers

• Never mind.  I just read in the Cust & Config training manual that, "The main form that is supplied by the system is always enabled for fallback and connot be disabled; therefore, there will always be one form that is available for any user who has Read access to the entity."
    • Marked as answer by mardukes Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:27 PM
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:58 PM

All replies

• Does the other user have the sys admin or system customizer security role?  If so, change her security role to an out of the box security role like salesperson and test again.  Try to only assign 1 security role per user if possible to help make troubleshooting easier.

Is this user a part of a team that may have a sys admin or system customer security role assigned?

If she doesn't have a admin or system customizer role, have her clear the browser cache, then close and re-open IE and log into CRM again to see if it continues.  Sometimes old form info can get stuck in the browser cache.

Jason Peterson

Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:36 PM
  • Never mind.  I just read in the Cust & Config training manual that, "The main form that is supplied by the system is always enabled for fallback and connot be disabled; therefore, there will always be one form that is available for any user who has Read access to the entity."
    • Marked as answer by mardukes Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:27 PM
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:58 PM