What Happens to Records when I Transfer a User to a New Business Unit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Normally when you move a user to a new business unit then you would reassign all open records to another user within the existing business unit before moving the user.

What happens to records that are closed / inactive? These cannot be transferred so must move with the original user to the new business unit and therefore not be visible within the existing business unit.

This effectively means that any view of historic data is incomplete.

Does anyone have any methods / best practice for getting around this?

Thanks

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:17 PM

All replies

• You can transfer closed records if you use the Reassign Records button on a user record. This feature reassigns all records, regardless of state, to another user or team.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:20 AM
  • Thanks Feridun,

Appreciate that I can physically move the records to a new user using the feature you describe. This however, still invalidates the history of a record.

If User A creates a record, then moves and the record if transferred to user B then for as far as the system is concerned User B did that task or action, which is incorrect.

I would like to see the record stay in the correct BU and show who did the work / activity.

Thanks

Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:22 PM
  • Have you examined the cascading behaviour in relationships between entities? That determines what happens when an action is performed on a parent record?

Or have I missed the point of your question?

Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:44 PM