Blocked VLK?Can't update computer RRS feed

• Question

•    Hiya I am having a few problems with my windows  xp pro.I am pretty sure that my copy of windows is not counterfit but for some reason I am getting that mesage.Can someoe please tel me how I can fix this.I also cannot find my validation key since I just moved and have misplaced it

Here is the info:

WGA Data-->
    Genuine Validation Status: Blocked VLK
    Windows Product Key:
    Windows Product Key Hash: RVvFciZMdQfJLyDpZteolhaqicQ=
    Windows Product ID:
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.0.0.pro
    Download Center code: 8R5H6C7
    ID: cf0ee43a-0331-407d-808f-97a051ed6447
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.530.0
    Signature Type: Microsoft
    Validation Diagnostic:

System Scan Data-->
    Scan: Complete
    Cryptography: Complete

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    Cache refresh Interval: N/A
    Extended notification delay(non-genuine): N/A
    Extended notification delay(un-activated): N/A
    All disabled: N/A
    Reminder reduced: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    Signatue Type: N/A

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>cf0ee43a-0331-407d-808f-97a051ed6447</UGUID><Version>1.5.0540.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.0.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-2B7Q8</PKey><PID>55274-640-0000356-23192</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2000478354-682003330-1801674531</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD</Manufacturer><Model>AWRDACPI</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software International, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20020426******.******+***</Date></BIOS><HWID>B252322F0184A04F</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>39476F84C4B4004</Val><Hash>4iCnywwNW1w4s9ukTIwGMGxyGic=</Hash><Pid>54185-640-0000025-17320</Pid></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Saturday, August 26, 2006 9:46 PM

Answers

• Can you verify if your COA sticker matches the 15 digits of the product key posted above?

The copies of Office and Windows currently in use on your computer are not genuine, and belong to a corporation/larger business unfortunately. What may have happened also (just guessing) is when your computer crashed - did you take your machine to a repair shop? Chances are, that repair shop is using non-genuine media as well (it would be good to report them!). If this is the case, then your COA should be just fine.

Next Steps"

Is the COA for Home? Pro?

Does the COA match the 15 digits of hte product key above?

If it DOES match, then I would recommend heading to www.microsoft.com/genuine and clicking Validate to purchase a genuine copy of Windows.

If it does NOT match, and the COA is for Professional, then you can use the WGA Product Key Update Tool at www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/pkuinstructions.aspx. I would also recommend reinstalling your copy of Office to your original one in order to avoid any other issues.

If it does NOT match and the COA is for Home, then the best bet would be to do a clean reinstallation as Carey has posted.

Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:10 PM

All replies

• Can you verify if your COA sticker matches the 15 digits of the product key posted above?

The copies of Office and Windows currently in use on your computer are not genuine, and belong to a corporation/larger business unfortunately. What may have happened also (just guessing) is when your computer crashed - did you take your machine to a repair shop? Chances are, that repair shop is using non-genuine media as well (it would be good to report them!). If this is the case, then your COA should be just fine.

Next Steps"

Is the COA for Home? Pro?

Does the COA match the 15 digits of hte product key above?

If it DOES match, then I would recommend heading to www.microsoft.com/genuine and clicking Validate to purchase a genuine copy of Windows.

If it does NOT match, and the COA is for Professional, then you can use the WGA Product Key Update Tool at www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/pkuinstructions.aspx. I would also recommend reinstalling your copy of Office to your original one in order to avoid any other issues.

If it does NOT match and the COA is for Home, then the best bet would be to do a clean reinstallation as Carey has posted.

Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:10 PM
  • Well If I remember right I think I did take it to a repair shp but the only problem is that I cannot locate my win xp pro cd and office cd.

I do got an win xp home edition cd and office cd for my other computer can I install those to this computer?

Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:17 PM