Problems saving games RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello

First off im sorry if this is in the wrong forum or if this is hard to understand but im finding it kinda hard myself.

Ok now the backstory is ive had seperate accounts on my computer for quite awhile (long story) and ive always played computer games on the account that does not have admin rights. Ive never had problems saving on any of these games....

However after installing windows onecare (which did something wierd to my computer that ended up with it having to be rebooted (if thats the word: the one where you have to reinstall everything again)) i can no longer save any of my games. I t would seem that i cannot save ANYTHING into the entire C drive (where i store everything) ive even tried notepad and stuff like that.

Any help on how to fix this would be greatly apriciated (oh and just running the program in administrator rights isnt possible (yes sry i know its the easiest option but it just cant happen. however it would be fine to modify the folders or whatever so i could just save)

Sunday, June 15, 2008 5:30 PM

Answers

• What you apparently had to do is reinstall Windows, but something apparently happened that has made a new problem appear. OneCare should have no impact on the ability to save a file, though it could block network access if it were a firewall configuration issue. My recommendation is that you contact the PC maker for support on performing a complete restore to factory reinstall. Alternatively, contact OneCare support to confirm that it isn't a OneCare problem, but if all of the problems began with the install of OneCare, they may be able to provide help for the overall situation.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, June 16, 2008 5:42 PM