Cannot use window live one to deposit checks RRS feed

• Question

• I am currectly using a deposit@home program with my bank USAA.  I must
    use Internext Explorer for this action and cannot use the upgraded Firefox along with your
    windows one care.  This problem started right after I installed these new upgrades.
    Any thoughts?

• Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Monday, September 21, 2009 12:25 PM possible firewall problem (From:Windows Live OneCare General)
    Friday, September 18, 2009 7:44 PM

Answers

• OneCare should have no impact on your ability to access your bank's site through a web browser and OneCare works fine with both IE and Firefox. If you have installed a program from your bank that works outside of the browser, then you may need to allow it in the firewall's advanced settings on the Programs tab. Jim's suggestion to see if it works when disabling the firewall would let you know if that's the issue.
    If you need help with this, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve 
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, September 21, 2009 12:25 PM

All replies

• Have you tried using Internet Explorer in compatibility view on that website? Can you access the website if you turn off the One Care firewall?
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 3:42 AM
  • OneCare should have no impact on your ability to access your bank's site through a web browser and OneCare works fine with both IE and Firefox. If you have installed a program from your bank that works outside of the browser, then you may need to allow it in the firewall's advanced settings on the Programs tab. Jim's suggestion to see if it works when disabling the firewall would let you know if that's the issue.
    If you need help with this, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve 
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, September 21, 2009 12:25 PM