Queues: can you have two email addresses routing to the same queue? RRS feed

• Question

• We have two email addressses (martin@email.com and martin@secure.email.com) going into a single inbox. The secure.email.com allows for secure email addresses to be used.

Is it possible to configure a queue in CRM to pick up emails from more than one address? As I understand it at the moment, a queue can only have a single email address defined.

This is CRM 4, on premise.

Have searched forums, etc.

Friday, May 6, 2011 12:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Martin,

It's not possible for a queue to have 2 addresses I'm afraid. I've come across this a lot when mailboxes have multiple addresses e.g. info@mydomain.com and info@mydomain.co.uk.

To get around it, I set up another queue for the extra address, then use a workflow to assign any emails sent to that address to the main queue when they arrive. Sometimes, I hide the extra queue using the plugin in this article.

Hope this helps!

Neil.

Neil - My CRM Blog
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, May 9, 2011 4:01 PM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 2:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Martin,

It's not possible for a queue to have 2 addresses I'm afraid. I've come across this a lot when mailboxes have multiple addresses e.g. info@mydomain.com and info@mydomain.co.uk.

To get around it, I set up another queue for the extra address, then use a workflow to assign any emails sent to that address to the main queue when they arrive. Sometimes, I hide the extra queue using the plugin in this article.

Hope this helps!

Neil.

Neil - My CRM Blog
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, May 9, 2011 4:01 PM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 2:54 PM
  • Thanks Neil, i suspect as much but it is good to have confirmation.

Rgds, Martin.

Monday, May 9, 2011 12:36 PM