Ran CleanUpMoe and unmapped/remapped: scared! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope all is going well with looking into the current bug: before you recognized that there was a problem I *did* remap and ran CleanUpMoe. Now I'm a bit scared that, when the update is released, that I'll lose my data (and I suspect that many others are in the same position).

Are you planning for the next release to resolve installations where people have done this? If not, are there any steps I should take now to ensure that I don't lose data? Or will you be posting further information when the next release is published?

Thanks!

indigoblue
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is more information on this issue in a few sticky threads, including a series of steps you can follow to attempt to manually resolve conflicts.  You may also have been contacted about an automated clean up tool we are running for customers heavily affected by this bug.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Friday, September 19, 2008 8:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Right now the best thing is to do nothing: don't unmap/remap/unistall/etc.  Due to the seriousness of this issue, we won't be waiting until the next update to help resolve situations like yours.  Rather we will be posting more thorough recovery guidelines and steps very soon.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:45 PM
  • Hi,

There is more information on this issue in a few sticky threads, including a series of steps you can follow to attempt to manually resolve conflicts.  You may also have been contacted about an automated clean up tool we are running for customers heavily affected by this bug.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Friday, September 19, 2008 8:09 PM