WORD 2007 COMPLAINT RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

NO MORE AUTOTEXT!!  Whoever designed this WAS NOT and WILL NEVER BE a secretary in his or her lifetime!!!  I had 361 AutoText entries in Word 2003 that I used on a daily basis.  AutoText made my typing speed raise by 30 words a minute.  Now I have no choice but to use Word 2007 and LOSE my AutoText.  What a rip off!!!  Headers and footers???!!  Sure, you can customize them, but you have to use THEIR options for the header.  What a rip off!!!  TERRIBLE!!  The person should be punished and have to type like I do every day w/o AUTOTEXT for one whole year.  What a rip off!!!  This is absolutely terrible and it makes my JOB a pain in the buttocks.  What were you thinking?  What a shame!  I am so angry and a shamed that anyone would have approved of such drastic changes.  At least I'm computer literate and can wing it.  There is a woman in my office who just learned how to send and email.  The secretaries in my office will have a hissy fit when they get a load of this piece of ***.  It is not user friendly.  The old Word versions were at least user friendly.  This one is definitely NOT!   SHAME ON YOU ALL!!
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:24 AM

All replies

• Microsoft has already created an in-house solution with WSYP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x0PNZcTrIw

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:10 PM
  • If I click on a spreadsheet shortcut, Excel fires up, but the spreadsheet doesn't open until I click on the Office button.  when I've finished and want to close Excel, I click on the normal red X at top right - this closes the file but not Excel.  I have to click it a second time.

It takes longer to find frequently used commands than it did with previous versions.

I need the ability to create custom menus for my macros.  A quick-launch button giving me a list of available macros is of no use whatsoever.

I want my money back.  I am desperate to revert to Office 2003 but an scared spitless that, particularly in the case of outlook.pst, this cr*pware has damaged my data/system.
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 8:32 PM
  • If your inquiry is related to Excel, then you need to post your question in the Excel newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&lang=en&cr=US

Sunday, June 29, 2008 10:51 PM
  • Silver Shiney,

Microsoft offers a 45-day full money back guarantee on most software products.  It'll be printed somewhere in the retail package.

Or see this:  http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/productrefund/refund.mspx

Monday, July 7, 2008 3:01 PM
  • Whoever designed this WAS NOT and WILL NEVER BE a secretary in his or her lifetime!! this is an understatment! My shoulder, arm, and wrist are killing me. You are constantly moving the mouse around looking for what you need on the Ribbon. Older people have given up. Even my boss who could use the tool bar has no stopped using the computer. I have no choice but to use Word 2007 at work but I will NOT use it at home. Headers and footers???!! Sure, you can customize them, but you have to use THEIR options for the header. I'm trying to talk my company into using WordPerfect. This is the worst update MS has ever had. The person should be punished and have to type like I do every day looking for things on the ribbon. It's like you just began using a computer! This is absolutely terrible and it makes my JOB a pain--litteraly!! What was MS thinking? What a shame! I am so angry for this conversion. AND try to unprotect a document in Word in the new version!! HUH..the directions do not work! Bill Gates must not have seen what his employees had done while he's gone. Who is their right mind would approve of such DRASTIC changes. I can't even do my job anymore after 21 YEARS. At least I'm computer literate and can wing it. The old Word versions were at least user friendly. This one is definitely NOT! SHAME ON YOU ALL!! I was the one that talked my office into using Microst years ago, and we stopped using WordPerfect....am I sorry now. We should all boycott MS for doing this. In this economy we could shut them down!
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:22 PM