ERROR (0xC3EC7814): Pool is not ready, when updating pool external web fqdn RRS feed

• Question

• Hello There,

Actually, I am caught in the age old External URL Thing and LCSCMD is returning me error again and again.  IM, Presence, A/V and Live Meeting are working fine on the internal frontend server.

Currently I have one w2k8 sp1 with ocs2k7 R2 front end, and onother same mediation server on this network.

We have a DMZ server that currently hosts Microsoft Groove edge services, and we wish to add OCS Edge services to this same system later on.

according to the documentation for OCS r2 Edge deployements i'll need to add the externalfqn first using:

lcscmd.exe /web /action:updatepoolurls /externalwebfqdn:<ext web farm FQDN> /poolname:<pool name>

When I do this it finishes, but i receive this error message:

Executing "Check Pool xxxx.xxxx.xxx"
    Executing "Check Pool Active Directory Objects"
    Executing "Check Active Directory Object CN=xxxx.xxxx.xxxx"
    Check the log file "C:\Users\STEV11~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Web_updatepoolurls[2009
    _06_08][09_54_45].html" for details.

ERROR (0xC3EC7814): Pool is not ready.

When I check the logfile the only error I see is the "ERROR (0xC3EC7814): Pool is not ready" message.

How do I resolve this issue?

Thank you so much.

\ Microsoft Unified Communications (Dutch) Blog @ www.MsUC.nl
    • Edited by R Stevens Monday, June 8, 2009 12:55 PM
    Monday, June 8, 2009 8:33 AM

Answers

• Found it, sorry... Typed the wrong poolname :)..... (should have been XXX instead of XXX.domain.ext) And it's only monday!
    Microsoft Unified Communications (Dutch) Blog @ www.MsUC.nl
    • Marked as answer by R Stevens Monday, June 8, 2009 12:56 PM
    Monday, June 8, 2009 12:55 PM