Why forms are so narrow? RRS feed

• Question

• Why is the "new look" of the forums so narrow?

There is no point is making then so narrow as its now, at least I dont see any. The previous version was way better. 

Disadvantages:

- badly arranged (far worse then it was before)

- when text and code are together in a post, all becomes anclear and unreadable

- posts maked as Answered, are now almost unrecognizable as "Marked As Answered"

- text too long (vertically) because of so narrow space for it

---

SO:  I dont get it, why need to change something that it already was GOOD!!

It has not a single advantage to previous version, really! So please, can it be possible to make it wider, and change it back!

The reference point for me is Windows Forms Form.

This is how it should look (even if the previous look of most of the forums was even better, just with fonts a bit smaller).

Mitja

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• The new style bring just problems, bugs, is really hard to see know which post are proposed as answer, if you made a post with italic/bold fonts, when you submit it doesnt apply correctly. With this new style is getting hard to help who needs, i really hope for a rollback or a way to choose which style we want.

Web Developer

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 12:31 PM
  • No responce from Moderators (or any heigher staff)?

Mitja

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:34 AM
  • I dont know if you want to get back the old style 'temporarily', but based on this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/114d06ee-0b09-453c-a7af-5e8b03bb7706 changing the locale from en-US to en-GB will show the old style.

Web Developer

• Edited by Norkk Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mitja Bonca Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:48 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:55 PM
  • wow :) nice "trick" or what can I call it.

Mitja

Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:48 AM
  • haha, at least whe can keep answering/helping the others without this new ugly style.

Web Developer

Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:53 PM
  • its not the narrow
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:24 AM