2 Factor Authentication - Mobile Apps RRS feed

• Question

• I have a client who would like to set up CRM 2015 on premise. They would like to access CRM via mobile apps but want to be able to use 2 factor authentication like RSA for mobile apps as well, is this possible?
    Friday, October 9, 2015 3:53 AM

All replies

• If you set of ADFS and IFD, you can then enable two-factor authentication through ADFS.  the current CRM app should support that through ADFS.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Friday, October 9, 2015 2:15 PM
    Friday, October 9, 2015 2:15 PM
  • Thank you Wayne, I haven't seen anything on the forums specifically for mobile apps and CRM 2 factor authentication so wanted to confirm, have you tried this, do you know for sure it works i.e by setting up ADFS (and proxy) with IFD the mobile apps will also prompt for 2 factor authentication? Normal web browser from mobile will present the RSA screen, the client is more concerned about the mobile apps themselves.
    Monday, October 12, 2015 2:06 AM
  • I have not tried it specifically, but it depends on ADFS functionality, not CRM.  So it should work just fine as long as you implement an ADFS-supported two-factor tool. 

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 5:13 PM