none
becoming an MCT. is prepmasters online train the trainer course an alternative? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i would like to become an MCT, i have all the pre req except for a train the trainer course. i found a company called prepmasters and they are on MS approved list of TTT course providers. They have an alternative witch is an Online course. My question is this Online Course approved by MS?
    / Kind Regards Johan Zetterström
    Friday, September 16, 2011 11:08 PM

Answers

• My question was if the online version of the TTT course was approved by MS.

I dont think he answered the question, yes he has a good point but it was not an answer.

But i now know the answer to my own question, yes the TTT online course is approved by MS.

Thanks all for helping me.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Johan,

There are two ways to look at this point. First the practical one.

One of the assesments for TTT course is presenting in a classroom for students. This will be videotaped and evaluated. How will that be an option in the online version? On the other hand one might say you have to prove a TTT certificate as one of the prerequisits. By including or submitting that certificate one has proven that prerequisite right?

So concluding: no pratically it is not possible theoretically it is. Is the Online version approved by MS i doubt it. So it's up to you to decide. I'd say that the exprience is vital for your own benefit.

just my 2 cts.

Maurice
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 9:21 PM
  • Tja,

Såna kurser är i bara klassrum efter det du kan skriva online.

Lycka Till

addarr.wordpress.com

www.addarr.com
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:33 AM
  • Johan,

What was the reason for unmarking Maurice's answer?

Without more information, then we can't help.

I'd actually ask them (the company) to see if their online course is also approved. Why would they provide it if it's not approved? But Johan casts a solid doubt. So I'd ask them and hold them to it.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, March 15, 2012 4:29 PM
    Owner
  • As long as you haev a TTT certificate, it will be accepted by MS.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:24 PM
  • My question was if the online version of the TTT course was approved by MS.

I dont think he answered the question, yes he has a good point but it was not an answer.

But i now know the answer to my own question, yes the TTT online course is approved by MS.

Thanks all for helping me.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:45 PM
  • Hi John,

I am a MCT (almost 11 years now).  I remember taking my TTT course.  The scariest part for me was when I had to teach a session in front of the other students and the camera.  Being critiqued on your performance and watching yourself on video is a humbling experience.  It was also a great learning opportunity. 

I actually have someone record me teaching every year or two just so I can see what bad habits I may have developed over time.

You can get most of the other elements in an online TTT course, but... Unless they offer an opportunity for you to be taped and help you correct anything that they or you discover during the taping, you might be missing on a very worthwhile part of the process. 

Please contact me if I can be of assistance. I am based in the United States and very active in community MCT events (we are planning the MCT Day Zero event for TechEd North America at the moment).

If you have time to spare, I know that there are some groups planning an in-person MCT summit for this fall. There are plans to include a Train the Trainer class as part of the event. I can let you know more once we confirm dates and locations.

Good luck, keep in touch!

Mike Corkery, MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCSD, MCAD, MSF, MCDBA, etc.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:09 PM