A beginner's doubt about the road map to be certified in Private Cloud Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am going to complete my graduation this year. I am willing to start my career in Cloud Computing through Microsoft Certifications. I am very much interested to do Microsoft certifications but unable to conclude where to start from. So I request you to provide me some information regarding the following questions. Please note that all my questions are with respect to the career in Cloud Computing.

1. Should I start with MTA or advanced certification?

2. Should I give 98-349 MTA test?

I used Windows 7 for 2 years, Windows 8 and 8.1 for 1 year and using Windows 10 these days. But, I have no knowledge about Windows Server. I am mentioning these details because Private Cloud certification page at https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-in/private-cloud-certification.aspx says Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 [70-410] is the first exam to give in the Private Cloud certification process. 

3. If I am to give MTA 98-349, from what I knew, the test is going to retire on July 31, 2015. What if I don't give the test before the date and what happens to 98-349 after its retirement?

4. What are the prerequisites to give 70-410 directly, if there are any?

5. Since I am a beginner, I want to know how I can prepare for the test and what the required study materials are.

I await for the humble answers. I would be very much delighted if I get any good suggestions from the people who have experience in Private Cloud Certifications road map. Thanks in advance.

Sunday, June 7, 2015 6:32 PM

Answers

• As you don't have expirience, maybe taking MTA would be a good start. It will give you some basics you can build on.

After that, on path to Private Cloud certificate, you will need to earn your MCSA: Windows Server 2012. 

Here is certification path for MCSA: Windows Server 2012

So you need to pass 3 exams. I recomend you do them in order. First one would be  70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.

You can get free e-book here , get some free courses on MVA , jump starts , buy a book , download evaluatin copy here to practise, CBT Nuggets (my favourite), classroom training is great if you can afford it...

There are like million things you can do and find to help you and many of them are free. Guys like me (MCT) can help you get there faster by explaining you somethings that would take you some time and expirience to learn on your own but in the end it's up to you. Today, knowledge is only few clicks away and you can find any information if you really want to. In my opinion, expirience in tools you want to get certified, exploring and trying solutions are best way to bring you there.

After that you will need to take 2 exams on System Center 2012.

I have over 20 MS certificates, and Private Cloud was probably most difficult. I'm not saying this to discourage you but to advice you to take your time and take exams when you feel ready.

Mustafa Toroman

Monday, June 8, 2015 5:42 AM

All replies

• As you don't have expirience, maybe taking MTA would be a good start. It will give you some basics you can build on.

After that, on path to Private Cloud certificate, you will need to earn your MCSA: Windows Server 2012. 

Here is certification path for MCSA: Windows Server 2012

So you need to pass 3 exams. I recomend you do them in order. First one would be  70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.

You can get free e-book here , get some free courses on MVA , jump starts , buy a book , download evaluatin copy here to practise, CBT Nuggets (my favourite), classroom training is great if you can afford it...

There are like million things you can do and find to help you and many of them are free. Guys like me (MCT) can help you get there faster by explaining you somethings that would take you some time and expirience to learn on your own but in the end it's up to you. Today, knowledge is only few clicks away and you can find any information if you really want to. In my opinion, expirience in tools you want to get certified, exploring and trying solutions are best way to bring you there.

After that you will need to take 2 exams on System Center 2012.

I have over 20 MS certificates, and Private Cloud was probably most difficult. I'm not saying this to discourage you but to advice you to take your time and take exams when you feel ready.

Mustafa Toroman

Monday, June 8, 2015 5:42 AM
  • Thank you.

You suggested me to take MTA. But, which MTA certification should I take? I mean, there are many certifications in MTA. Which one do you think will be the best for me?

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 11:11 AM
  • As you want to advance in cloud certification, there is few you can take. 

Maybe best one would be 98-365 .

But 98-366 and 98-367 would also be a good choice.

Mustafa Toroman

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 5:21 AM
  • Thank you, Mr. Toroman.

I'll take 98-365. I want to know which programming languages should I be perfect in in doing the certificate path I chose.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 1:43 PM