none
Outlook 2007 Sort contacts by last name in pop up window from "To" button when composing new message RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 7, 64 bit. I am using Outlook 2007.  I want to add recipients to a new message using the "To" button.  The window pops up and I get a list of my contacts.  They are arranged by fields called "Name", "Display Name" and "E-mail Address".  I would like to sort them by last name but nowhere is that option available that I can find. 

I know that when I add a new contact from the main window the field "File as" is an option.  I have selected "last name, first name" for that option. 

If the field with the "File as" content were available in the window that pops up when you are adding recipients to a new message was  available I could chose that but I cannot seem to add any fields to the window even though a button labeled "More columns" is there. It only offers another search option, not more columns.

In summary; I would like to sort the contacts by last name in the window that pops up when I click the "To" button when composing a new message.

GrafinLupus

Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:03 PM

Answers

All replies