help transfering Onecare to different computer. RRS feed

• Question

•  

I need to transfer my account from one computer to another.  I already have OC installed and active on 3 computers, problem is one of them died and had to be replaced.  Does anybody know how to remove that computer from the list of active computers on my account so I can install and activate it on the new computer without having to buy another copy?
    Saturday, January 26, 2008 8:00 PM

Answers

•  emelee1053 wrote:

I need to transfer my account from one computer to another.  I already have OC installed and active on 3 computers, problem is one of them died and had to be replaced.  Does anybody know how to remove that computer from the list of active computers on my account so I can install and activate it on the new computer without having to buy another copy?

There is no need to remove the PC from your account unless you are using any PC on your subscription as a hub, for the new Circle functionality of OneCare. If you have made a PC be a hub, open OneCare on that PC and click on Manage OneCare Circle. Click on the details link to the right of the PC you wish to remove. Click the link to remove the PC from your subscription. Note that if the PC is still using OneCare, it will become unsubscribed and will need to be reinstalled.

If you are not using the Circle functionality, simply install OneCare to the new PC and activate with the LiveID for your subscription.

-steve

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:52 PM

All replies

•  emelee1053 wrote:

There is no need to remove the PC from your account unless you are using any PC on your subscription as a hub, for the new Circle functionality of OneCare. If you have made a PC be a hub, open OneCare on that PC and click on Manage OneCare Circle. Click on the details link to the right of the PC you wish to remove. Click the link to remove the PC from your subscription. Note that if the PC is still using OneCare, it will become unsubscribed and will need to be reinstalled.

If you are not using the Circle functionality, simply install OneCare to the new PC and activate with the LiveID for your subscription.

-steve

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:52 PM
  • i have the same problem.  but when I show details, remove the pc is not an option.  Any suggestions.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 10:27 PM
  • On any hub PC, each PC shown will have a link for "remove this PC" except for the hub PC itself. If you do not see this link, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, July 21, 2008 2:59 PM