TWO notifications per software RRS feed

• Question

• beacuse im in Vista enviroment with the UAC turned on I get two notifications first with the little security icon[1], which takes me to "continue or cancel" page after that [2] appears with the green arrow, its kinna annoying and im sure it shouldnt be like this

why? cna this be fixed?

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 8:27 PM

Answers

•  

This is a known issue. Unfortunately we were not able to fix it in 2.0.

We try very hard to keep all the "clean" programs automatically, so hopefully you don't have to deal with too many of these.

Neeraj

Thursday, August 23, 2007 5:04 AM

All replies

• Do you get this for all unrecognized software? You mention UAC, do you only see this if UAC is on? I would think UAC doesn't apply here.

No, it should only prompt once unless the application makes two back to back requests before you have a chance to allow.

-steve

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 12:56 AM
  • yes, I get it for all unrecignized software. yes I see it when UAC is on, when its off it doesnt happen. And it has happaned before [1.5] as well.  I'll contact em tommorow

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 2:11 AM
  • Thanks, do let us know the response.

-steve

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 3:43 PM
  •  

This is a known issue. Unfortunately we were not able to fix it in 2.0.

We try very hard to keep all the "clean" programs automatically, so hopefully you don't have to deal with too many of these.

Neeraj

Thursday, August 23, 2007 5:04 AM
  • Neeraj, what causes this to happen? As it doesn't happen to all people.

-steve

Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:12 PM
  •  

i see you guys already know. ooh btw: yes there is a very small number of those now, most are approved by onecare already so it doent happen as often now as it did back in the days
    Saturday, August 25, 2007 5:26 AM
  • I have the same problem.  I always get prompted twice to allow a program access.

(Vista Ultimate 32bit)

However, your statement, "Unfortunately we were not able to fix it in 2.0."  - do you mean the BETA that we are testing now?  Why can't it be fixed - if it is still in BETA?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:36 PM
  • As I understand Neeraj's reply, it will not be fixed for the 2.0 release because of whatever the reason for the double prompt is. I assume that fixing it would risk breaking many other things, so they decided to deal with it in a future major revision of whatever section of code is causing it. He also stated that they work hard to identify "known" safe programs so that your experience with the double prompt will be limited to a few programs not known to OneCare's safe list.

-steve

Thursday, September 20, 2007 1:10 AM