none
How to call a web application from MVC application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a link to a web application inside a view of my mvc application (C:\MVCApplication).

Also I have my mvc application in IIS set up and under their I have my web application (Backup) set in IIS too like this. But when I browse to my web application (Backup) from IIS I get this error.

Line 48:   <system.codedom>
    Line 49:     <compilers>
    Line 50:       <compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs"
    Line 51:         type="Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.CSharpCodeProvider, Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform, Version=1.0.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
    Line 52:         warningLevel="4" compilerOptions="/langversion:6 /nowarn:1659;1699;1701"/>

Source File: C:\MVCApplication\web.config    Line: 50 

Is it possible to have a simple web application running under the MVC application in IIS? Because it looks like when I am browsing backup application the above error is coming from the web config file of MVC application.

Thanks

• Moved by Sabah ShariqMVP Wednesday, October 4, 2017 7:44 PM Moved From Visual C#
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:07 PM

All replies

• Is it possible to have a simple web application running under the MVC application in IIS?

No you can't have a Web application running under any other Web application, whatever that means. Each Web application is a site into itself with each site being independent from each other.

Because it looks like when I am browsing backup application the above error is coming from the web config file of MVC application.

What is the purpose of this backup application?

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:58 PM
  • Hi Sarah2005,

This is Visual C# forum. As your issue is related to Web, please ask your question into ASP.Net forum for getting quick response. I am moving your thread to off-topic.

https://forums.asp.net/

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 7:44 PM