How to unmerge authors and acutally update the organisation RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Academic Search Feedback Team,

thank you for the great functionality of the Academic Search site.

I have two questions:

1. How to unmerge authors

I have the problem that my author name (and the related publications in the field of geo-/environmental-/computer-sciences, see Thomas Nauss, University of Marburg) are somehow merged with another author (I think it is S. Louie which has a background in anatomy). I have alread removed the respective publications in the Edit Publication List view but

(i) the publications still show up under my author overview and

(ii) if you hover over S. Louie with your mouse, my author information (i.e. Thomas Nauss...) shows up.

I am aware that David Toabert posted a similar issue from September 2011 but in his case you have to manage it offline.

2. Updated affiliation does not show up

My second question is related to the problem that I have already updated my affiliation (from Bayreuth to Marburg University) but my Author summary page and also when I hover over my name with the mouse still shows Bayreuth University.

Could you please help me to fix this?

Best regards

Thomas

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please know that when users submit edits, there can be a delay before they appear online as it can take some time to process the changes. It looks like you submitted your edits and these have been approved, so you should see the updates on the live site soon. If we can provide any other support, please let us know.

Best regards,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Friday, October 26, 2012 6:32 PM