Product Key - PDA Connectivity Software. RRS feed

• Question

•  

I bought   Microsoft 4.1 Connectivity Software Second Edition 2006 last year with a HP2190 PDA. I installed it and registered on the web. Later I uninstalled it and sent it back to HP to be repaired.  In the meantime, I bought another HP2790 PDA with the same software Fourth Edition 2007  and registered this on the Web.  When I got the 2190 back, I tried to install the Second Edition Software on my parents PC, but realised, I did not have the Product Key. I have found one of the Project Keys, but can't test it on my PC because the software, being already registered on my PC, does not require the key (I could uninstall it and re-install it, but that takes time, and I still need both Product Keys anyway in case I have to format my own PCs HD).  I can prove purchase, because HP repaired it under warranty and I have all the e mails.  Do Microsoft log the registrations or does that data stay on my PC. In which case, unless I can get it from my CD, I am stumped because I uninstalled the 2190 and formatted my hard drive not long after that.
    Sunday, July 13, 2008 7:42 PM

Answers