MS Dynamics CRM data files not available in outlook!! RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

All my users have CRM Outlook client installed on their laptops. Now i am facing a problem with one user who can't see anything from his CRM records from outlook. He can see them from the Web client.

I checked the data files in the Account Settings, MS dynamics CRM data files filename is 'Not Available'.

How can i make them available again?

I'm using CRM 4.0

It's really urgent!

Thanks in advance

Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:52 AM

Answers

•  

Start/All Programs/Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0/Configuration Wizard.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:34 PM

All replies

• After looking at another user who's able to see his records, i found out that both have Filename 'Not Available'. So this isn't the problem. Then how can i link the user outlook CRM to the records again?

Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:11 AM
  • 1.  does he have the CRM folders in Outlook?  Are you saying that there are no records showing up in them, or are you saying that his contacts aren't synching with the Outlook contacts?  Please clarify.

2.  Is he using the offline client or the online client?

3.  If the CRM folders are not showing up, I would have him run the configuration wizard again.

4.  If the problem is that the contacts are not synching with Outlook contacts, check the local data settings (in outlook, click crm, local data settings).  These rules determine which contacts are synched with the Outlook Contacts.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:12 PM
  • How can i run the configuration wizard again? (because the user can't see his crm folders in outlook client).

Can u tell me the steps to run the configuration wizard? This is what i need but i can't see the configuration button.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:26 PM
  •  

Start/All Programs/Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0/Configuration Wizard.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:34 PM