Replace MS Money 2000 with Money 2005? RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry... I have a few questions regarding Money 2005.

I have been running Money 2000 Standard Edition since it was released and have had had no problem installing it on various PCs and laptops over the years. It is currently running fine on Windows 10 Home 64-bit, but it is starting to feel a little clunky.

Is Money 2005 worth installing instead? Was it a substantial upgrade compared to previous versions? I don't need it to be able to access to external financial institutions. For reconciling purposes I download .qif files from my bank websites.

Would I be able to install Money 2005 without removing 2000 (just in case it doesn't work out for me and I want to carry on using 2000)?

Would I be able to import a copy of my current .mny file into 2005?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Monday, June 18, 2018 12:53 AM

All replies

• If Money 2000 is working well for you, I would continue to use it. It was not designed to use much in the way of online features.  Money 2000, in addition to QIF, downloads version 1.x of OFX files.

Neither Money 2000 nor Money 2005 makes multiple backup files, you should review your backup process. You don't want to get a corrupted file, and then have Money overwrite your only good backup with a corrupted file. Also note that hard drives fail.

You can import a North American Money 2000 file to Money Plus, and for other 2000 versions, you can import to the appropriate Money 2005 version.

Monday, June 18, 2018 11:36 PM