How does tune up help? RRS feed

• Question

•  

How does tune up help your PC?
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:39 PM

Answers

• I moved your post from the Off Topic folder, since I assume you are asking about Tune-up in Windows Live OneCare.

Tune-up does the following:

1. Defragments the hard disk - that is, joining file fragments together so that they are contiguous on the drive.

2. Performs a complete scan for viruses and spyware

3. Performs a Disk Cleanup if you configure it to do this task

4. Executes a backup or prompts you to perform a backup if you have scheduled it to occur with Tune-up

5. Confirms that your PC has all available critical and important Microsoft updates for Windows

You can learn more at http://onecare.live.com

-steve

Friday, August 22, 2008 12:02 AM

All replies

• I moved your post from the Off Topic folder, since I assume you are asking about Tune-up in Windows Live OneCare.

Tune-up does the following:

1. Defragments the hard disk - that is, joining file fragments together so that they are contiguous on the drive.

2. Performs a complete scan for viruses and spyware

3. Performs a Disk Cleanup if you configure it to do this task

4. Executes a backup or prompts you to perform a backup if you have scheduled it to occur with Tune-up

5. Confirms that your PC has all available critical and important Microsoft updates for Windows

You can learn more at http://onecare.live.com

-steve

Friday, August 22, 2008 12:02 AM
  • The sales person told me the "clean up"  for Registry was included in the Onecare download. They couldn't get the trial version to run and said they don't provide support for it. They made me pay $60 to tell me about remoc.com to remove it I re-installed it and it takes about 4 or 5 hours to run anything. What a piece of Junk, Liars for Salespersons, and support

people who know nothing about the product and are hardly able to speak a word of English. I can't believe it's actu7ally Microsoft..think I'll but a Mac. Totally Disgusted. This product is three times the price of others that do the same thing and is totally misrepresented on the Website. Grrr!

Saturday, August 23, 2008 1:39 AM
  • I'm sorry that you were misled by the sales people and that you apparently also had a poor support experience.

-steve

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:59 PM