Windows Home Server Drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys i just made a server, and i installed windows home server. just wondering what drivers should i use for my motherboard. Should i use WIN XP or Windows VIsta.
    Please Help if you can, thanks.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:50 AM

Answers

• Hey Guys i just made a server, and i installed windows home server. just wondering what drivers should i use for my motherboard. Should i use WIN XP or Windows VIsta.

Ideally use Windows Server 2003 drivers. Windows XP drivers can work, but are not guaranteed to. Also you may need to install XP drivers in compatibility mode, if the setup program rejects to install on the WHS platform. To do this, right click the setup program, select Properties and on the Compatibility tab set the compatibility mode to Windows XP.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:55 AM

All replies

Ideally use Windows Server 2003 drivers. Windows XP drivers can work, but are not guaranteed to. Also you may need to install XP drivers in compatibility mode, if the setup program rejects to install on the WHS platform. To do this, right click the setup program, select Properties and on the Compatibility tab set the compatibility mode to Windows XP.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:55 AM
  • ok. I have a ASUS M3A78-EM motherboard if that helps anyone. :P
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:14 AM
  • Based on what I see on ASUS's site it does not support Windows Server 2003 Drivers.  did you load XP Drivers?
    Friday, June 5, 2009 5:26 PM