CRM 11: saving email with attachment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

I have a requirement to store some e-mail communication between our sales rep and  customer account. These e-mails contain request and excel attachment. The reply from our sales rep. contains pdf attachment. This has to be easily accessible from CRM. Currently we do not use CRM client for Outlook, but we could if this is a good solution. Also, we have SharePoint site where we store some documents for CRM.

Please point me out to a robust solution. Thank you very much. Lana

Lana Feldman

Monday, June 3, 2013 4:24 PM

Answers

• Using the Outlook client is the easiest approach. You would be able select an email and track it and attachments in CRM with a few clicks. CRM can be configured to store documents up to 32MB. Once saved in CRM, you will be able to open them in their native applications from within the email record. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, June 3, 2013 4:41 PM

All replies

• Using the Outlook client is the easiest approach. You would be able select an email and track it and attachments in CRM with a few clicks. CRM can be configured to store documents up to 32MB. Once saved in CRM, you will be able to open them in their native applications from within the email record. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, June 3, 2013 4:41 PM
  • Jason,

I can use this solution. But do you know if possible to configure "left" menu on the entity form (my case Account) to have Emails separately. Right now I have to expand Activities, than choose a view that i had to create "My Account's Emails" and then choose from drop-down "All" . 

Thank you so much.

Lana Feldman

Monday, June 3, 2013 8:02 PM