Wrong Security Certificate on computer for second server client authentication RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 servers running @ homeserver.com. and the connector to each server is installed separately on different computers. There was an automatic uninstall/re-install of the connector software when I installed the second server connector on one of the p/c's and each connector on a separate computer to a separate server is working OK. The problem is the remote HTTPS connection to the new server now issues "there is a problem with this website's security" warning. When I check the "certificate error" dropdown box in IE8 I discover that the certificate issued by Go Daddy is still in the name of the old server. How do I locate / uninstall the old certificate and then locate / install the Go Daddy new server certificate?  I can see the certification path and the old server certificate but not how to access the certificate.  I also cannot locate the security certificate on the other computer which is accessing OK by HTTPS but I want to confirm which server name the certificate has been issued for / or that a security certificate has not yet been added. It could be a mix-up of both security certificates being placed on the wrong computers. If so would a uninstall/re-install of the connector software on each computer to connect to the other server resolve this problem - or give me authentication problems with both servers? Separate windows live ID's were established for each server set-up to avoid any potential conflict of 2 servers under 1 ID.
    Thanks

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 3:35 PM