How to import Personal views & charts in CRM 2011? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are using online CRM 2011. we do development in on-premises (which act as a backup (or) test environment) and import managed solution in online DB. Here i am facing problem in importing the personalized views and charts. Only system views and charts i am able to import. i need to restrict certain views and charts based on role. so i cant create system views which is visible for all role. 

Alternate way is, again i have to create personalized views and charts in online DB which is a double work for me.  Any solution to avoid this?

Regards

Shankar.B

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can easily export and import personal charts by selecting the chart moving to chart tab for any form, for which chart has been configured.

Can export or import the personal chart from one organization to another, no need to work again on it.

Import/Export Personal Charts

And, personal views will automatically gets configured on another org. when we import the solution of entity whose view we want to shift.

Please do mark it as helpful if it is.. :)

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:50 AM
  • Hi,

About the charts Piyush is right. About the views use this link. It could help you through a straight forward solution.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Shankar,

Personal views cannot be included in a solution. You wont be able to export and import. You would need to re create them manually. For charts, you can export the XML and import as a system chart.

There is a nice blog on "Export/Import user saved views in Microsoft Dynamics Crm 2011".
    Try this, might help. http://dynamicslollipops.blogspot.in/2011/07/export-import-user-saved-views.html

Chandan - http://mscrm-chandan.blogspot.in/ I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful !!!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

You can easily export and import personal charts by selecting the chart moving to chart tab for any form, for which chart has been configured.

Can export or import the personal chart from one organization to another, no need to work again on it.

Import/Export Personal Charts

And, personal views will automatically gets configured on another org. when we import the solution of entity whose view we want to shift.

Please do mark it as helpful if it is.. :)

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:50 AM
  • Hi,

About the charts Piyush is right. About the views use this link. It could help you through a straight forward solution.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:36 PM
  • a better tool to use for migrating personal views is found in the new xrmtoolbox on codeplex.
    Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:22 PM
  • a better tool to use for migrating personal views is found in the new xrmtoolbox on codeplex.
    Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:23 PM