Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mail Merge is already Running RRS feed

• Question

• I have a huge problem with Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook - Mail Merge

I repeatedly get the following error message

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mail Merge is already running. Only one mail merge can occur at a time. To start a new one, close Microsoft Word, which will stop the current mail merge and then start a new one.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/946273
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954064

The reconmended resolution from Microsoft is exit Windows Internet Explorer or Microsoft Office Outlook, depending on the application that you used to start the mail merge operation. Then, restart the mail merge operation.

However this isn`t a suitable solution for me .  It happens 9 out of every 10 Mail Merges.  Either on Custom entity's or COntact entities.  Sometimes the First Mail Merge of the day can casue this issue after restarting my PC and running a Mail merge from outlook.

I would appreciate any help in the situation.  It is driving me mad
    Your Trusted Technology Partner
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:47 PM

Answers

• Can you open a service ticket on this rather complex (based on your installation, custom code, and other variables) installation? We need to look at a lot of variables to find a solution for you.
    CRM Community Guru and Saxophonist
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, September 9, 2010 5:23 PM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 5:22 PM

All replies

• Is possible that any mail merge process is hanging.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 11:01 AM
  • It could be possible.  How do I prevent this as it happens alot!

To

Your Trusted Technology Partner
    Friday, August 28, 2009 11:21 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem when creating a new mail merge template with Contact entity. I got the same error message. 

After following the recommended solution, the mail merge operation doesn't respond. I still get the same error message even when trying to run again my already created templates. The only way to run again the mail merge operation is to restart my PC. But, I still cannot create new templates using Contact entity.  
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 1:54 PM
  • Hi ,

am also facing the same problem.Did you find any solution for this
    Thanks, Aarch
    Monday, September 7, 2009 11:38 AM
  • My thoughts are that this is some sort of conflict on your machines and not necessarily directly related to CRM.  I would ensure you have all the latest update rollups for the Operating System, Office, IE, etc. 

You could also open Task Manager and check your running processes before triggering off the next Mail Merge.  I almost never use mail merge so I am not sure of the process name.  If none of this helps, you might want to consider opening a support ticket with Microsoft so they can look into your environment.

One more thing to check, ensure you have the latest Update Rollup on the CRM server and Outlook Client.

Best Regards, Donna
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 8:31 PM
  • Has any one found a resolution for this. I have a client that runs mail merges 9 or 10 a day, and she is rebooting everytime she gets this message which is quite often.  Any ideas other than restarting IE Outlook and Word?
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 12:44 PM
  • This is an old post from last year.  I suggest getting on the latest Update Rollup or at least UR 12 and see if that corrects the issue.  There are several fixes in the Updates related to mail merge. 

Thank you

Regards, Donna

Thursday, August 19, 2010 12:56 PM
  • They are on the most current.  roll up and this is a brand new install.  Any other ideas?

Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:31 PM
  • Can you open a service ticket on this rather complex (based on your installation, custom code, and other variables) installation? We need to look at a lot of variables to find a solution for you.
    CRM Community Guru and Saxophonist
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, September 9, 2010 5:23 PM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 5:22 PM