Deleting files from WHS RRS feed

• Question

• MY CPA's two computers are backed up by WHS. 

For legal reasons, he wants to remove all files for a specific client.  How do I go about doing this? 

Attempting to remove files from my own installation of WHS were less than successful - creating messages about the Recycle Bin being corrupted and the disk being write protected.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Friday, February 12, 2010 4:51 PM

Answers

• There's no way to edit the contents of the backup database to remove only specific files. The best bet will be to delete all backups for his computers (or all backups that contain the client data that he wants to delete anyway), then run a database cleanup, then back the computers up again if he deleted all backups.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, February 12, 2010 4:56 PM

All replies

• There's no way to edit the contents of the backup database to remove only specific files. The best bet will be to delete all backups for his computers (or all backups that contain the client data that he wants to delete anyway), then run a database cleanup, then back the computers up again if he deleted all backups.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, February 12, 2010 4:56 PM
  • Not exactly the answer that I was hoping for, but the information that I needed.

Thanks!
    Friday, February 12, 2010 9:37 PM