Sync 2.0 RTM ServerSyncProviderProxy not available RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have migrated my application from using Sync Framework v1.0 to v2.0. I want to create a separate WCF service for Hub-n-spoke scenario as I am using SQL ent as server and sql express as my client DB. I am using SqlSyncProvider for both client as well as sever side provider. Now I want to have a wrapper class like Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.ServerSyncProviderProxy for Sync framework version 2.0 RTM with the inherited methods from the server providers ,so that I can implement it in the WCF Service.

Is there anything available in Sync 2.0 RTM as wrapper for server proxy similar to a class in v1.0 like Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.ServerSyncProviderProxy , in order to create a remote proxy? Am I missing something basic here ?

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:35 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,
     Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.ServerSyncProviderProxy  is available and should work for v2.0 as long as your scenario is Hub-n-spoke.
    Thanks
    Jandeep
    jandeepc
    • Proposed as answer by Jandeep Friday, November 20, 2009 12:50 AM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:51 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Jandeep!

On doing what you mentioned, gives the below mentioned exception.

at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.GetProviderProxy(SYNC_PROVIDER_ROLE providerRole, SyncDataConversionType dataConversionType, SyncProviderPosition position, SyncProvider syncProvider, Boolean& isChangeDataRetrieverNative, Boolean& isChangeDataNative, IChangeDataRetrieverAdapter& adapter, SyncIdFormatGroup& idFormats)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.DoOneWayKnowledgeSync(SyncDataConverter sourceConverter, SyncDataConverter destinationConverter, SyncProvider sourceProvider, SyncProvider destinationProvider, Int32& changesApplied, Int32& changesFailed)
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.KnowledgeSyncOrchestrator.Synchronize()
       at Microsoft.Synchronization.SyncOrchestrator.Synchronize()

We have created the instance as mentioned by you:

ServerSyncProviderProxy serverSyncProviderProxy = new ServerSyncProviderProxy(syncWebService);
    where syncWebService is the service instance.

The ServerSyncProviderProxy class exposes the methods of v1.0. What is the standard way of creating a proxy in Sync Framework v2.0? Is there any other class to create a server proxy? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Friday, November 20, 2009 12:21 PM
  • Please refer to the sample below. You should be able to get some idea about the proxy for Sync Framework 2.0.
    http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=sync&ReleaseId=3423

Thanks
    Jandeep
    jandeepc
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 12:28 AM