Customize Team entity RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I need to customize the Team entity.

i can add a N:N relationship , to be able to built a tree structure with Teams.

I cannot add any new attributes to the Team..is this possible in a supported way?

also will the use of many Teams affect the CRM perfomance since CRM will have to check user access right /sharings etc?

thanks for any help.

Monday, October 20, 2008 9:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Katja,

There is no known supported way of add any any attributes to the Team entity.

How many is many teams?  One of our customer have five teams and they have not noticed any performnce down grade.

Regards,

Andy

Monday, October 20, 2008 11:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Katja,

There is no known supported way of add any any attributes to the Team entity.

How many is many teams?  One of our customer have five teams and they have not noticed any performnce down grade.

Regards,

Andy

Monday, October 20, 2008 11:10 PM
  • Hi Andy

thanks for answering.

I will use teams as workaournd to build a hierachical access security, since you cannot associate a user to multiple  business units, whihc it is one requiremnt for me.

The number of teams will be each for any area we have to set up (continent area, country area, region area and territtory areas ) which is in total 600...and I will need to automate the sharing in the proper teams upon record update/creation.

That is a high number and it really worries me CRM may not be perfomant with so many checks to do because of the high number of teams.. Any idea on that?

I have explored other possible solution but teams seemed to be the best since it will guarantee that the data filtering is done by the CRM security logic. Any other solution will require me to customize the data filtering in the views and beside the customization work it will not guarntee user access only what he is supposed to..

Regards

Katja

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:07 PM