Cannot create subfolders in music folder, "access denied" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I have just installed whs on my server box.  Have got the connector working on my wifes laptop (XP Home) and my PC (Vista 64 albeit w/o backup working).  Problem arouse when i went to copy my backed up media from my own pc onto the WHS box.

I managed to copy my pictures with no problems (including sub directories).  However when i tried to copy over my music,  i can copy the music and albumart in the top level of the folder,  however,  it will not copy over / create sub directories,  giving the general "access denied" message. 

I have tried copying with both robocopy and with windows explorer  to \\server\music.

I can create a folder within explorer \\server\music\new folder but i cannot change the folder name.

I have "opened up"  both the security and sharing to give guest and everyone RW access,  but to no avail.

I can logon to the whs box with remote desktop  and create subfolders.

I have read all the documentation but  am i missing something?  Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:56 PM

All replies

• See Pugsly's reply in my thread
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:54 PM
  • Thanks Michael,

Tried all this but to no avail.  Still getting access denied message.  What i dont understand,  is tha normally when you try to access a network share  you would normallly get a popup asking for you credentials,  this does not happen.  What is the relationship between client users,  whs users and the users created on the server?

Any help?

Thanks

Friday, March 16, 2007 12:06 PM