The hub purpose? RRS feed

• Question

• What is the purpose of choosing 1 device in the onecare circle as the center (hub) of the circle.? The hub of my network is the router. The network is all divices. I noticed that after instal of onecare and when using backup, it mentions naming a pc as the hub. Is this nessesary? I am just curious. Also in reading about backup it explains a centralized backup. I have online storage with google docs and office live,, Is the back up cd's able to restore files on more than the pc that they were created on? I see the circle only includes the divices with onecare installed and not the full network of divices. I am trying to understand the new features

Also the new onecare has some good features. Onecare has grown a lot. Great job all.
    Diana
    Saturday, April 25, 2009 5:38 PM

Answers

• The main purpose of a hub computer in a One Care Circle is to monitor the security status of all of the computers in a One Care Circle. Designating a computer a hub is optional, not required. A one Care Circle can only include computers where One Care is installed. If you use One Care backup to write to Cds the backups can be restored to any computer where One Care is installed.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 2:11 PM

All replies

• The main purpose of a hub computer in a One Care Circle is to monitor the security status of all of the computers in a One Care Circle. Designating a computer a hub is optional, not required. A one Care Circle can only include computers where One Care is installed. If you use One Care backup to write to Cds the backups can be restored to any computer where One Care is installed.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 2:11 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Thanks for explaining that. So, choosing the hub computer for onecare is a good idea. Thanks for your reply.
    Diana
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 2:17 PM