none
MCT Alumni to MCT? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Earlier this year I renewed my MCT, but could only get the MCT Alumni status.

I now have an opportunity to train and would like to upgrade from MCT Alumni to MCT status.

The MCT Enrollment Tool site lists my last enrollment into the MCT Alumni program, but I cant find a link to upgrade it to proper MCT status.

Pls could someone clarify the MCT upgrade process from Alumni.

Thanks,

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:04 PM

Answers

• You won't be able to renew as an MCT as you didn't meet the requirements by 30 April 2014. You will need to go through the full MCT Application process again. I believe enrolments for the full program commence at the beginning of August 2014.  I am trying to find a link to confirm this for you.

BTW, I also put through an Alumni application and then scored a course in the last week of April 2014 so qualified for the full MCT program.  I had to contact my local Microsoft Regional Service Center and have them cancel my MCT Alumni application before the link to renew as a full MCT became available.  You might need to do this also.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCSA, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:12 PM

All replies

• You won't be able to renew as an MCT as you didn't meet the requirements by 30 April 2014. You will need to go through the full MCT Application process again. I believe enrolments for the full program commence at the beginning of August 2014.  I am trying to find a link to confirm this for you.

BTW, I also put through an Alumni application and then scored a course in the last week of April 2014 so qualified for the full MCT program.  I had to contact my local Microsoft Regional Service Center and have them cancel my MCT Alumni application before the link to renew as a full MCT became available.  You might need to do this also.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCSA, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:12 PM
  • Thank you, yes that seems the process.

Had my MCT Alumni revoked, and now busy reapplying to full MCT status.

cheers.

Friday, July 25, 2014 12:35 AM