Cannot access portfolio tab RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I cannot access the portfolio tab on Money, all was working fine until a few days ago when I got an message & since then have been unable to view the portfolio screen. Can see data thru reports but cannot update it. I did not pay too much attention to error message at time it was something like memory error.

I have tried restarting computer but that does not help. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Thanks for any help you can give

Friday, July 27, 2012 6:48 PM

All replies

• If still a problem, copy Sample.mny from your install folder
    (typically C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money Plus\ ) to your
    Documents folder.  Open Money by right-clicking that copy of
    sample.mny and choose Open.  Migrate to the Portfolio. Does it display? If not,
    the problem is probably with your installation.

If the Portfolio does display in Sample.mny, I suspect a problem with your file. Hold (make a copy of) your backups in case you want to restore one that pre-dates the problem. You can switch back to your file by clicking File, and selecting your regular file from the list at the bottom.

You can try a File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair. That is simple, but it probably will not solve this. Then try I would try making a repaired version of your file with
    File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2

If it still does not work, try restoring a backup that pre-dates the problem.

Saturday, July 28, 2012 4:16 AM
  • Cal thanks for your response, the file repair seems to have fixed it.

Saturday, July 28, 2012 1:41 PM