CRM 4.0 Upgrade to 2011 - Transaction Log Filled RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am attempting to perform an org import/upgrade from a 4.0 backup database but receiving a failure that the transaction log file has reached its max.  When I look at the DB properties on the database that I created from a restore from the 4.0 database backup file it is not set to unrestricted growth.  I am going to perform another restore and then change this setting before doing in org import.  Does that sound like an appropriate procedure?  I should have plenty of disk space. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robert

Friday, February 14, 2014 4:09 PM

All replies

• This might give you some ideas: CRM Upgrade Best Practices

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Friday, February 14, 2014 4:48 PM
  • Thank you,

Tried those recommendations but still getting a failure on the org import - primary file group full related to the activitymime attachment.

I've cleaned up the async table on the 4.0 backup database and now trying to shrink it and the files. Will then back that up again and restore it to the 2011 server and try again. the backup file was around 70GB and the server I'm trying to import on has about 165 GB free.  I have the backup file on another machine so when I do the restore it's restoring from the backup on a network drive.  When I have restored the DB to another server there are 3 filegroups - mscrm (.mdf) and a data_2 file (.ndf) and the log file.  Together the .mdf and .ndf file are about twice the size of the backup file itself which I don't quite understand.

Is there anything else I could possibly do? This is about round # 5 for me.  When I've restored the DB I have also made sure autogrowth is enabled for the file groups at unrestricted growth and recovery mode is simple.

Robert

Saturday, February 15, 2014 3:44 PM