Computer with Legit Vista wont Activate Error 0xc0000022 Please Help! RRS feed

• Question

• Had computer for a year and I noticed the other day my Windows wasn't activated. Don't know how long this has been going on because I just noticed it. Went through the steps and these are the error codes.

Restarting Software Licensing Services gives Error- "An unauthorized change was made to windows error 0xC0000022 Access Denied, A process has requested access to an object, but has not bee granted those access rights.

When trying to activate it gives error- "An error has occured same error code same message".

When trying to change product Key w/ Key on Computer- "Invalid product Key same error code same message.

Tried to copy and post WGA diagnostics but I get an error message and it wont let me copy it. I can view it but not copy it.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 4:07 PM

Answers

• "Robert Landrum" wrote in message news:6b4904cd-8f18-436c-aa0c-2c59bc9ca6f1...

Had computer for a year and I noticed the other day my Windows wasn't activated. Don't know how long this has been going on because I just noticed it. Went through the steps and these are the error codes.

Restarting Software Licensing Services gives Error- "An unauthorized change was made to windows error 0xC0000022 Access Denied, A process has requested access to an object, but has not bee granted those access rights.

When trying to activate it gives error- "An error has occured same error code same message".

When trying to change product Key w/ Key on Computer- "Invalid product Key same error code same message.

Tried to copy and post WGA diagnostics but I get an error message and it wont let me copy it. I can view it but not copy it.

Ignore the error message from MGADiag - it will still usually paste OK into your response

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, November 8, 2010 10:25 PM
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:08 AM

All replies

• On the WGA there is no TTS error and under licensing it says c: windows sytem32 slmgr. vbs(2007,5) (null): 0xc0000022

tried the CMD steps to recreate the licensing store from which the tokens file is already .bat and it gives the message above whenever I enter the cscript step. It didnt work regardless.
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 4:34 PM
  • Hi Robert Landrum,

It might be that some vital system files were modified that affect activation. The best solution may be to just run a repair installation of Windows 7 from the DVD.

• Proposed as answer by motherboardlove Wednesday, November 3, 2010 8:18 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:36 PM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 8:18 PM
  • "Robert Landrum" wrote in message news:6b4904cd-8f18-436c-aa0c-2c59bc9ca6f1...

Had computer for a year and I noticed the other day my Windows wasn't activated. Don't know how long this has been going on because I just noticed it. Went through the steps and these are the error codes.

Ignore the error message from MGADiag - it will still usually paste OK into your response

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, November 8, 2010 10:25 PM
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:08 AM
  • No further reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, November 8, 2010 10:24 PM