Is LINUX Compatibility anywhwere near-by? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I had been using Mesh happily for some time, in couple of my windows boxes. While my other two linux (fedora ) boxes were left out of the sync network..

But , i have moved my windows boxes completely to linux. I am using DropBox for sync'ing my files. But would like to have Mesh.

So, coming to the point, Is LINUX compatible MESH anywhere near development or any plans for it in future?

unBoundEd
    Monday, December 8, 2008 1:01 PM

All replies

• The API is an open, REST based API which allows anyone to use and access it, you can find information about it here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd156996.aspx

Once developer access is a free for all (and not just restricted to PDC participants and a few others) I imagine that we'll see a linux client appearing very quickly...
    Monday, December 8, 2008 1:34 PM
  • But NOT with Microsoft support, right? At least MS is sort of helping the Moonlight project with a Linux implementation of Silverlight. You're not suggesting a similar project will run for Live Mesh, are you? Such an initiative would be outstanding, I think, but I won't hold my breath for that.
    Monday, December 8, 2008 6:10 PM
  • To be honest - I'd look at trying to integrate the SDK libraries as supported Mono libraries (the parent of Moonlight) and then attempting to work with the team to try to get a good working relation happening. From what I can tell this can be pretty team based - so some teams will be more open to this sort of an approach than others.

Since the push for Live Mesh seems to be more focused on the API (Live Framework) side of things and the fact that you can use it from anywhere (browser / app / Windows / Mac) it would seem as though the team had multiple platforms in mind from the start.
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 12:31 AM