Strange behaviour in the new "Easy file upload" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I discovered the new way to upload files remotely by installing "Easy file upload".

But it seems that the drag-and-drop only works once, on the 2nd drag-and-drop, windows open the selected file instead of add it to the upload list!

Is this expected?

Christophe

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 7:51 PM

Answers

• After dropping the first file, the drag and drop section becomes smaller.  If you do not drag the file into the drag and drop section it will open like you said it was.  If you place it into the correct section it should add it to the list of files that need to be uploaded.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:55 PM

All replies

• You need to make sure you are dropping it into the drag and drop area.  If you miss the area, it'll open a file like that.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:01 PM
  • Umm, are you talking about a Windows Home Server add-in, or the file upload changes that are part of Power Pack 1, or are you talking about something completely different?
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:05 PM
  •  

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hmm, I haven't see that the drop area size is changed after the first adding (It is splitted in 2 horizontal areas) and you can't drop a file directly in the list.

Thank you very much

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:14 PM
  •  Ken Warren wrote:
    Umm, are you talking about a Windows Home Server add-in, or the file upload changes that are part of Power Pack 1, or are you talking about something completely different?

I'm talking about the new way to upload files that coming with PP1

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:16 PM
  • After dropping the first file, the drag and drop section becomes smaller.  If you do not drag the file into the drag and drop section it will open like you said it was.  If you place it into the correct section it should add it to the list of files that need to be uploaded.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:55 PM