2 Computers and more than two problems - Many Hours wasted trying to figure this out RRS feed

• Question

• I have two computers on my "circle".  Both computers have a DVD/CD writer.  On my main computer at home, I don't have any problems.  On my other computer at a different location, I keep getting messages that the firewall is turned off and that the antivirus is turned off.  In checking that computer, neither of these issues exist.  Live One Care keeps sending my main computer FALSE messages about the status of the alternate computer.

If that's not bad enough, I am also unable to perform a backup of my second computer.  Live One Care does not recognize the DVD Drive -- and will allow me to back up on 7 CD's only.  When I begin the backup to CD, the backup dies and claims I am not putting in a good CD.  The CD's are brand new and are R/RW re-writable.   I would prefer to be backing up to one DVD anyway.

I find this system to be extremely frustrating and I have lost a lot of time trying to resolve this problem.  I am ready to chuck this computer out the window and cancel my Live One Care subscription.  It has not been performing even close to what I expected.

I am not all that convinced that Live One Care is even finding all of the problems on my computer.  In the past, when I was running AdAware software, it recognized many more issues every single day.  Until recently I had been running AdAware but updated the software and now it is no longer compatible with Live One Care, so I deleted it.  At least I had confidence that AdAware was working, which is something I can't say about Live One Care.

I am a very unhappy customer and I can't waste any more time reading and trying to figure out this product.

If I could get my money back, I would gladly take it.

LarryNation !!

Monday, February 18, 2008 11:37 PM

Answers

• The false condition from your remote PC to the hub is likely due to the delay in information being transmitted via the servers about the status. The Circle functionality works best on a local LAN, but the issue you are seeing has been reported in that scenario, too.

Your best bet to have this investigated is to contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Since you have only 2 PCs on the subscription, you may want to simply change the hub PC to *not* be a hub, so you won't get the status of your remote PC.

As for the backup issue, I suspect that this may be a media problem. If you can, please try using a DVD-R (+ or -) and not RW media, and especially not re-used RW media. Also, for DVD don't use the more expensive dual layer DVD media.

If you wish to inquire about canceling your subscription and getting a refund, contact support/customer service.

-steve

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:31 AM