How to best convert PDF documents to XPS format RRS feed

• Question

• I need to convert a large number of documents from PDF format to XPS format.  I can do this with a vb 2013 program which uses  axAcroPDF.LoadFile and axAcroPDF.printAll, printing to an XPS Document Writer printer.  However, this requires the interactive entry of a file name for each document.

Is there a way to automate this, grabbing the name of the PDF document and using it, appending .xps instead of .pdf, for the output document?  If not, do you have a free or inexpensive conversion tool you can suggest?

Mary Leathem

• Moved by Carl Cai Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:09 AM (from vb.net)related to 3d-party
    Monday, July 28, 2014 4:44 PM

Answers

• I need to convert a large number of documents from PDF format to XPS format.  I can do this with a vb 2013 program which uses  axAcroPDF.LoadFile and axAcroPDF.printAll, printing to an XPS Document Writer printer.  However, this requires the interactive entry of a file name for each document.

Is there a way to automate this, grabbing the name of the PDF document and using it, appending .xps instead of .pdf, for the output document?  If not, do you have a free or inexpensive conversion tool you can suggest?

Mary Leathem

Hi,

Since axAcroPDF is a tool which belongs to third-party and there is no such built-in library in .net framework, I am afraid that this is out of the support range for this forum, you could post issues related to that reader control in https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums to get supports.  

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Carl Cai Tuesday, July 29, 2014 8:30 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, August 5, 2014 4:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:38 PM
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:09 AM

All replies

Mary Leathem

Hi,

Since axAcroPDF is a tool which belongs to third-party and there is no such built-in library in .net framework, I am afraid that this is out of the support range for this forum, you could post issues related to that reader control in https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums to get supports.  

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Carl Cai Tuesday, July 29, 2014 8:30 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, August 5, 2014 4:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:38 PM
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:09 AM
  • Thank you.  I did post it there and there were some suggestions.  I still do not have a complete solution.

Mary Leathem

Thursday, September 4, 2014 1:50 PM