Failure of MM Deluxe Sunset edition to open MM Standard 2004 file RRS feed

• Question

• I had no trouble installing MM Deluxe Sunset edition (17.0.120.3817) on a W10 machine but I get the following error message "money can't open this file as it was created using a different version of money" when I try to either restore from back up or open the original MM2004 file.  I have tried repairing the file in the old version but I still get the same error message.

The MM Standard 2004 program is running on XP machine and the original part no for MM disc is X10-46748EN.

Thank you in advance for advice in how to overcome this issue.

Sunday, April 16, 2017 11:53 AM

All replies

• Money Deluxe Sunset should be able to convert and import a US Money 2004 file.  When you open your file on your XP machine and do Help>About what version number do you see?

Did you try installing Money on Windows 10 using your disk?

Bill Becker

Monday, April 17, 2017 3:34 PM
  • Money Sunset is the US version of Money. Money can only open files created by the same version (earlier or same year) of Money. So if your 2004 version is UK, French, Japanese, International English (INTL), etc., you can only open your file in the latest version of that "country". To find the latest version, see the links available in what is currently the second sticky post in this forum (Download Microsoft Money installation files: solve activation and some other errors)

Bob - MSN Mobile

Monday, April 17, 2017 7:37 PM