none
Back (browser) button vanishes in two TechNet forums RRS feed

• Question

• This is really odd but it has happened with these two forums in both IE7 and IE8 Beta far too often to be my imagination.

If I go to the MSDN and TechNet Search forum (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/SearchFeedback/threads/) or to the TechNet WebSite Feedback forum in the same set of forums (at the very bottom of the total forum list at social.technet.microsoft.com), then the back button in the browser vanishes.

All other functionality is still available. I can still write messages; amend posts; move posts; click on the breadcrumbs to move elsewhere, it's just that the back browser button isn't there.

(I am located at the total list of TechNet forums when I go to these forums).

-------------

I haven't checked this more than once but if I first go to one of the other forums from this set of four (where the back button is still visible) and then go to one of these two forums, then the back button in that test case *was* visible.

Monday, December 15, 2008 5:38 AM

Answers

• This shouldn't be happeneing anymore with 4.x. Would you agree this is resolved?

Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    • Marked as answer by mattfras1 Friday, April 24, 2009 8:59 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2009 5:41 PM

All replies

• I just saw this for the first time the other day. I'll make sure a bug is logged on it.

Matt
    Monday, December 15, 2008 3:25 PM
  • This shouldn't be happeneing anymore with 4.x. Would you agree this is resolved?

• Marked as answer by mattfras1 Friday, April 24, 2009 8:59 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2009 5:41 PM
  • No 100% guarantees but I haven't seen this for quite a long time.

Mike
    Friday, April 24, 2009 6:17 PM