"This Person Is Not Available At This Time" RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 PCs.  One upstairs running Windows XP Home and the other downstairs running Windows XP Professional.  Both PCs have Windows Live and Shareview installed on them.  I have two different distinct log on user name for Windows Live for each of the computers.  I log onto Shareview Session on the PC-1 via Windows Live  using the 1st user name and password I then start a new session as well as start a Share desktop.  I then send an email invite to the user of my 2nd computer with the required url link Session Name and Password.  I then go upstairs check my email for this pc and click on the url web lin to join this meeting invite.  I'm able to log onto Shareview via Windows Live using my 2nd user name and password on the PC-2.  It then attempts to connect me to the specified meeting but, I get the error "This Person Is Not Available At This Time" .  Next I try to join the meeting via Shareview option tool bar.  I select join a session and enter the Session Name, no password required, I then click Join Now and Shareview attempts to connect to the requested session but, I get the following results again:  "This Person Is Not Available At This Time"  This is not true.  This is the only session running on PC-1 and I user of PC-2 was invited to join.  Can someone tell me why or what am I doing wrong?  I can not start a Shareview Session.  Help Please!     

Saturday, March 22, 2008 2:43 PM

Answers

•  

Andrew, when you join via email, you still have to accept the join request on the host computer.  Note that you may have to click on an allow Active X security warning on the joining computer's Internet Explorer.

David

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 10:21 PM

All replies

• After requesting to join with 2nd PC, you need to accept the join request on the 1st PC.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 5:06 PM
  • I have a similar problem.  From pc1 I can share a session with pc2, but pc2 cannot share a session with pc1.  This is driving me crazy!  The error message is the same.  "This Person Is Not Available At This Time".  Both pc's are on the same home network. 

Sunday, March 23, 2008 6:32 PM
  • Is the second PC behind an additional NAT/Firewall?

thanks

Cameron

Monday, March 31, 2008 5:55 PM
  • I too am learning how to use this program and am using two computers.

I get the same person not available message, but on the host machine do not see the joiner's name flashed up in the  Participants box, nor can I find the "accept" message or where on the screen its supposed to be.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Tuesday, April 1, 2008 6:31 PM
  • When you request to join a session, the host has to accept within a short period of time, so you have to be at the host computer to accept the request within 20-30 seconds after requesting to join the session from the 2nd computer. 

Thursday, April 3, 2008 5:18 PM
  • I have been following this thread and error message

I have the same problem, situation as follows:

- both PC's in the same building

- behind the same firewalls

- both users have Windows Live ID's and can sign in successfully

- both users can launch SharedView application

- can users can successfully start a new session

- can get to the other PC within < 20 seconds (ridiculously small time frame)

When the email link is selected:

- Internet Explorer launches and gives a message "You are Joining" etc

- The Application launches a small box top LHS of the screen

- Internet Explorer then gives a message "You should be connected"

- the Application box (top LHS) says "Searching"

- a circular symbol rotates, green light flashes etc

- After about 30 seconds to 1 minute a message appears

"This person is not available at this time."

Why would this occur? What am I doing wrong?
    If I cannot work this out the product might have a problem?

I am an IT/ business professional etc.

PS - The 20 second time limit reported above is a problem, our email server cannot process an email in <20 seconds so this does not even allow time for an email to leave the building

Rgds, Andrew

Monday, April 7, 2008 7:12 AM
  • What is Sharedview tool, it is not working at all. Why microsoft released so ugly version.
    Monday, April 7, 2008 8:05 AM
  •  

Andrew, when you join via email, you still have to accept the join request on the host computer.  Note that you may have to click on an allow Active X security warning on the joining computer's Internet Explorer.

David

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 10:21 PM
  • Please can explain exactly how to do this. This has been very very frustrating !!!  I have wasted so much time. This is awful feature.
    Monday, September 22, 2008 1:54 AM