2.0 rollout in progress? RRS feed

• Question

• Just curious if the WLOC 2.0 "push" is in progress to active v1.6 uers. Going on 3 weeks now since the announcement, and I've neither gotten my 2.0 update, nor heard if anyone has.

Thx,
    RGB
    Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:26 AM

Answers

• It's getting out..just wait...I've waited at least 3 weeks and it finally showed up last night. Updates just like other MAJOR updates....you get the pop-up telling you not to shut down/restart pc till its done updating. Follow the directions it gives you and it'll go smoothly!!  Good luck.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 3:20 PM

All replies

• Yes indeed there are a lot of us standing in line and waiting for the update.  Word is out that the update will be forthcoming in the "near future".

I think that since the staff has to deal with big holiday weekends, it may take a bit longer to roll out this new version.

With Christmas approaching and New Years coming up fast it could be awhile before the new version reaches all subscribers. 

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 6:14 AM
  • Thanks, but I'm trying to discern just what the "near future" means. I have a laptop with WLOC whose DVD burner isn't working, and I could really use the networked backup feature in 2.0. Stephen suggested to a poster that he not un-install/re-install to get 2.0, which I respect, but I'm considering it since I'd benefit from the aforementioned feature.

Unless the Windows Live IT team needs to be fully staffed to push out this update, I'm not sure I completely buy the concept of holiday weekends delaying its delivery. So, if 2.0 is indeed ready (and not being delayed for bug fixes, etc.) then is the "near future" still far enough out that someone in my position who'd benefit from a 2.0 feature would be best served by un-installing 1.6 and installing 2.0 manually?

Thanks,
    RGB
    Tuesday, December 4, 2007 3:09 PM
  • It's getting out..just wait...I've waited at least 3 weeks and it finally showed up last night. Updates just like other MAJOR updates....you get the pop-up telling you not to shut down/restart pc till its done updating. Follow the directions it gives you and it'll go smoothly!!  Good luck.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 3:20 PM
  •  RedGreenBlue wrote:
    Thanks, but I'm trying to discern just what the "near future" means. I have a laptop with WLOC whose DVD burner isn't working, and I could really use the networked backup feature in 2.0. Stephen suggested to a poster that he not un-install/re-install to get 2.0, which I respect, but I'm considering it since I'd benefit from the aforementioned feature.
    Thanks,
    RGB

RGB, since you have a special scenario, feel free to uninstall 1.6 and install 2.0. My reason for recommending against a reinstall and activation is that many people forget their LiveID and end up with bigger problems.

-steve

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 5:54 PM
  • It's now been a week since anyone updated this thread --- so let me. It's getting to be almost a month since the roll-out of 2.0 was supposed to start, and I've yet to get anything. Seriously, how hard can this be? There are far fewer users of OneCare than most of MSFT's other products, and those products seem to push out updates in a fairly reasonable amount of time. Would love to know what the problem is.

Monday, December 10, 2007 6:20 AM
  • I, too, would have expected that the upgrades would have gone out faster than this, however, if you've read the forum at all, you'll see that many issues cropped up that were not uncovered during internal and external testing. So, the upgrade staging has been slowed down so that fixes can be coded and tested after problems are fully investigated.

-steve

Monday, December 10, 2007 5:23 PM