none
Money 2004 Trial Download on WaybackMachine.org RRS feed

• General discussion

• I managed to find a working download for Microsoft Money 2004 using the Wayback Machine...

http://web.archive.org/web/20070216014147/http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/b/7/db72d4e0-fbd1-4b76-bfa0-1ff20f6aec8d/m12usweb.exe

Basically, they keep an archive of the internet and they happen to have Money 2004 handy!

Hope this helps someone!

Sunday, February 24, 2013 5:12 PM

All replies

• Nice find. 

We now have the links to most of the versions of Money.  The only thing we didn't seem to be able to find was the CRC data for m12usweb.exe from before it was purged by Microsoft.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:13 AM
  • This link was a TREMENDOUS help.

Was repairing an XP machine with Money 99.

The EOL update and MSSEC update combined with a small but critical error on the HDD was making the machine unusable.

I managed to fix the drive errors and remove the EOL update and Security Essentials.

I investigated installaing Money 99 on Windows 7/8 and found it was NOT supported.

I did find information about the SUNSET version Microsoft Money and downloaded them.

They do NOT however work with Money 99 files.

I did find the page "You cannot convert Money 99 or Money 98 data files into Money 2006 or later data files" @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108#survey

It provides instructions to use Money 2005 to convert the file up and a link to a "minimally functioning version of Money 2005"

The Money 2005 installed but does NOT convert the file. It also insists on attempting to download updates that are no longer available.

I did find one other link purporting to be for Money 2004 trial, but it generated a compatibility error on Vista x64 and an 16 bit NTVDM error on the XP x32 machine.

The application linked above installed and converted the Money 99 file to 2004 format.

I DID receive the message that Money 2004 Trial will ONLY run in the years 2003 or 2004. The application will close at that point.

Opening the application just repeats the process.

Changing the system date to 2003/2004 WILL allow you to run the application but the data file is already converted at that point.

Microsoft Money Plus Sunset converted the 2004 data file without issue.

Thank you for providing the link.

Saturday, April 19, 2014 3:10 AM
  • hi I looked for that for days and found nothing. The thought of wayback did cross my mind 2 days ago but I thought I could just see old web pages and thought if Microsoft took the file down probably everyone else did by now. If going to Sunset directly like Cal suggest doesn't work I will use 2004 as I already saved the file so THANK YOU. You have no Idea what I have been through these last few days.
    Saturday, November 21, 2015 1:56 AM
  • Slick! This did the trick, I was able to upgrade my Money 99 file almost painlessly. Thanks for the find!

Monday, January 16, 2017 7:18 PM