none
Adding contribution in Script Center gives error - Sorry, you don't have privilege to upload a sample. RRS feed

Answers

• The reason is confirmed by engineering. You don't currently have enough points. The level was raised due to an increase in spam posted there.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, September 28, 2018 3:29 PM
  • To reduce spam articles in the TechNet Wiki, you need a certain minimum number of recognition points to upload contributions. You get points by having forum replies marked as an answer or marked as helpful.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, October 12, 2018 2:29 PM

All replies

• Your account may just need to be verified. You can expedite verification by replying to this thread with your request.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 7:48 PM
  • Your account may just need to be verified. You can expedite verification by replying to this thread with your request.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug  

Thank you Dave for quick response. I did post in that thread. Is it possible to check if account is verified, does it show somewhere.

Sorry for trouble

Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:56 AM
  • They only do the verifications twice a week now. Look for a reply in same thread from MSDN, Technet Service Delivery Team (MSFT)

Thursday, September 20, 2018 12:46 PM
  • Hey thanks, indeed verification confirmation post by admin was seen yesterday.

But I still get this error.. :(

Just crosschecking if I am doing something wrong while posting... I am following posting guidelines as per 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/automation-runbook-gallery#adding-a-runbook-to-the-runbook-gallery

I have tried it almost 10 times by now, its becoming frustrating.. hope there is more helpful message.!!

Do I need to post this concern somewhere else to get it to the attention of administrators

Thank you for your guidance so far, appreciate it.

Saturday, September 22, 2018 5:53 AM
  • I'd also report this issue to forums admins using the report a bug link under;

TechNet Web Site Support and Feedback

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/cc512759.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Saturday, September 22, 2018 12:30 PM
  • Please look into this error-

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6b868bc7-e224-4465-aea6-69090500f3b9/adding-contribution-in-script-center-gives-error-sorry-you-dont-have-privilege-to-upload-a?forum=Profile

Sorry for duplicate post, but I did not know how to move the original thread here. I am looking all around technet forums, but do not have a clue how to resolve this. My account seem to be verified by now.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 7:47 AM
  • Wednesday, September 26, 2018 7:49 AM
  • any help???
    Wednesday, September 26, 2018 8:24 AM
  • As far as I know, you need a certain minimum number of recognition points to upload a sample to the Gallery. The Gallery has been swamped with spam submissions and this is the attempt by admins to prevent spam.

You can earn recognition points by answering questions in the forums and providing helpful replies.

Edit: This FAQ details how you can earn recognition points:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#How_do_I_earn_points_

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:40 AM
  • Richard,

Thank you for your reply

in that case, what would be the minimum number of points.. 

and importantly, I am wondering why is this constraint not documented anywhere in FAQs or guidelines for adding contributions .. if this is true. 

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:03 AM
  • I'd also try asking / reporting this issue to forums admins using the report a bug link under;

TechNet Web Site Support and Feedback

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/cc512759.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 3:57 PM
  • Dave

I already submitted feedback as per your suggestion in my previous thread

No response received :( and problem persists..

Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:52 PM
  • Engineering is looking into issue now.

Friday, September 28, 2018 3:16 PM
  • The reason is confirmed by engineering. You don't currently have enough points. The level was raised due to an increase in spam posted there.

Friday, September 28, 2018 3:29 PM
  • Thanks Dave for looking at it. Is it possible to tell how many points would be needed for the required level..
    • Marked as answer by pvvdurgaprasad Sunday, September 30, 2018 1:31 PM
    Friday, September 28, 2018 5:17 PM
  • Sorry but I think that's confidential and also subject to change. 

Friday, September 28, 2018 5:28 PM
  • okay, thanks.

the thread may be marked closed and archived.

Sunday, September 30, 2018 1:31 PM
  • To reduce spam articles in the TechNet Wiki, you need a certain minimum number of recognition points to upload contributions. You get points by having forum replies marked as an answer or marked as helpful.

Friday, October 12, 2018 2:29 PM
  • What is the minimum points to be able to upload contributions?
    Thursday, November 22, 2018 6:51 AM
  • We don't know for sure, but believe you need at least 100 points to upload contributions.

Thursday, November 22, 2018 10:44 AM